Sometimes a science kit is better when it doesn’t work as expected. That would be this time.
Our polymer gator was supposed to grow rapidly over the course of a few days. We estimated how big we thought it would grow and measured it at the beginning and then on days after that for about a week. Based on the growing orbs and crystals we have used before, we had guesses of 6″ and 8″. The little guy started out at 2 1/2″ and only grew to 4 1/2″.
Definitely under our expectations.
It did open up our discussion about the scientific method and how you do tests to see if your hypothesis is right.
We decided there was something wrong with his tail and that he might have hit one of our targets if he had worked properly.
We definitely did not get this:
We got this: