T-shirt Rug

Well, part of one at least…

While cleaning up the craft room, I found a stack of J’s old dingy t-shirts that I was going to turn into rags. Today, however, I decided on something more ambitious. I decided to cut them up into strips to dye and then crochet a rug from the resulting “t-shirt yarn”.

The cutting went smoothly and I made several nice balls. I tested one out to see if it could be crocheted with the large hook I had.
P1010027

My daughter helped me wet and dye the strips using our fabric dyes.
P1010001

P1010002

P1010003

P1010005

I crocheted the stuff into a rectangle. Unfortunately, 6 shirts doesn’t get you that far, so I am gonna wait for some more and then work a border around and around until I get a useful size.

The stitches do look pretty 🙂
P1010007

Advertisements

1 Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s